About the Law Office
David H. Faux practices Intellectual Property, Entertainment, Art, and Business/Commercial Law. His past and present clients include individuals and organizations involved in the fashion, sports & fitness, fine arts, photography, and graphic design industries.
Prior to becoming an attorney, David spent several years as a music journalist and, then, a publicist in the Northwest. He holds both a Master of Science and Master of Arts degree. He also spent a year in South Korea as a Fulbright Fellow. His years in the music and fine arts industries as an entrepreneur, scholar, and international traveler inform his approach to the law, giving him an insight not achieved by most other lawyers.
New Jersey State, December 2005
United States District Court (D.N.J.), December 2005
New York State, May 2006
Southern District of New York, May 2007
Eastern District of New York, May 2007
Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, NY, Juris Doctor, June 2005
University of California, Santa Barbara, CA, Master of Arts, June 2002
Fulbright Fellowship, South Korea, 1999-2000
University of Oregon, Eugene, OR, Master of Science, June 1999
International Trademark Association
American Bar Association:
- Intellectual Property Law Section
- Committee on Visual Arts and Dramatic Works (Chair, 2013-2015)
New York State Bar Association
- Entertainment, Arts, and Sports Law (“EASL”) Section;
- Intellectual Property Law (“IP Law”) Section;
- Business Law Section.
- EASL Executive Committee;
- EASL Queens County District Representative;
- EASL Fashion Law Committee (Founder);
- EASL Copyright and Trademark Committee;
- EASL Theater and Performing Arts Committee;
- IP Law Committee on Copyright Law;
- IP Law Committee on Internet and Technology Law;
- IP Law Committee on Trademark Law.
The Lilly Awards, Board of Advisors